- 1Your car is the second largest investment you’re likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- 2Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- 3Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
- 4There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- 5You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- 6Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, please ask us.
- 7Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and certified (by I-CAR or ASE, for example) technicians.
- 8Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- 9Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- 10Let us help you negoate your
claim with the insurance
thing need to knowstiefelmann2012-11-09T17:45:52+00:00